Detox: Spinach Smoothie

April 02, 2013



I have finally returned home after a long term at Uni followed by a ski trip. After a hectic month or so, with too few fruit and vegetables, and far too much alcohol, my body eagerly anticipated a break and a detox. Followed by a food-orientated Easter weekend many of us are in need of a little injection of fresh fruit, after finishing the last of the Easter eggs, of course. 

One of the best things about being home is the abundance of fruit and veg in the house. Smoothies are great because they can be made from a whole host of ingredients, for this one I used:

1 frozen banana

Several handfuls of spinach
1 Kiwi
Pineapple
Pineapple juice

Other combinations could involve: 

Greek yoghurt or milk, 
Mango, blueberries, apple

These smoothies have been slipping down nicely for breakfast accompanied by a good book and a relaxing morning in bed. With every bite of fruit I'm desperately hoping the weather will represent the spring time it ought to. Soon I might be awarded a little nice weather for long walks in the countryside and a bit of fresh air, for the moment I guess my bed will have to accommodate my presence for a little longer. 



3 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty much identical to my life at the moment. Breakfast with a book in bed = bliss. That smoothie sounds lovely and refreshing, my body could do with a little extra green goodness too. However right now I'm retreating into my womanhood and eating my chocolate, maybe next week eh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smoothie was certainly refreshing, let me know if you give it a go. I mainly like how healthy and detoxifying it looks with the vibrant green colour.
      Aha well the chocolate needs eating up, doesn't it! :)

      Delete
  2. TeaDrinkingBookLover22 April 2013 at 09:19

    The smoothie was certainly refreshing, let me know if you give it a go. I mainly like how healthy and detoxifying it looks with the vibrant green colour.
    Aha well the chocolate needs eating up, doesn't it! :)

    ReplyDelete