French Toast

February 17, 2013

You may have read the blog title and thought, 'Really? Another sweet-treat of a breakfast straight after Shrove Tuesday.' Well let me address this qualm, firstly this would be a very silly complaint to make because, let's face it, one can't have too many delicious breakfasts to start off one's day, and secondly I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PANCAKES. Yes, I know, so I think it's settled that I deserved this (little) indulgence.
This is the first time I made French Toast, but I don't know why because in reality if anything needs using up it's stale bread rather than the flour etc used for pancakes. What I'm saying is that you really can justify this seemingly decadent breakfast.


It was perfect on a Sunday morning accompanied by the chirping of birds outside my window and catching up with online newspapers.

The recipe:
Stale bread
2 eggs
150ml milk
Sugar
Vanilla extract
Butter
Toppings

I appreciate that this is very vague, but it is as accurate a recipe as I followed. Who really wants a particularly detailed recipe when they're having a relaxing brunch?

Beat the eggs, milk, and a little sugar. Soak the slices of bread for several minutes and then fry in a pan with the butter.

Then top with your favourite flavours, I had these delicious summer berries with a bowl of sliced banana.



4 comments:

  1. Mmm looks delicious, I haven't had french toast in months and I feel I should rectify this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you should, it's so easy that you don't have to worry about measuring anything particularly. I hope you enjoy a satisfying breakfast of French Toast soon :) X

      Delete
  2. Yum! I Love french toast, tempted to make some now ;) x

    ReplyDelete